Why no one can be trusted with a firearm

February 25, 2014 - Harry Eagar
This event in Michigan, one in a series:

Man Accidentally Kills Self With Gun During Demonstration On Gun Safety

It would be tragic if it weren't so funny.

Mar-06-14 5:57 PM

"When you generalize and stereotype such a large group of people, make sure you paint with a broader brush next time!" bkaahui

Still finger painting in pre-school Bronson K Kaahui?

bkaahui

Mar-06-14 2:08 PM

"Except that would be silly, because I don't keep a car for protection"

Exactly! Now do you understand why your question was stupid? Here was your original question:

"Oh, a car, a knife and a hammer are as lethal as an AR-15? Then why do you need an AR-15 when you already have a car, a knife and a hammer?"

Cars, knives, and hammers serve different purposes, OBVIOUSLY.

It was obvious when I asked you the question, but for some reason when you asked, it wasn't obvious. What happened?

"Gun nuts are 'fraidy-cats, who are scared to walk down streets without a gun even though unarmed children and old ladies do it. They live in a fantasy world, which is fine so long as they shoot only themselves."

Mar-02-14 1:48 PM

'Harry, using your pre-school logic I could equally say "why do you need a car when you have a knife?"'

Except that would be silly, because I don't keep a car for protection.

Unfortunately, they do not restrict their carnage to each other. Whatever else can be said in the 2A discussion, no one can deny that the vast majority of gunshot victims were not committing crimes when they were shot.

The pro-gun position is based on delusion.

Mar-01-14 12:43 PM

"Republicans don’t really believe what they say" Bronson Kaahui

Campaign speaking by commenting? bkaahui?

Feb-28-14 8:25 PM

"It is becoming apparent that you are simply not intelligent enough to have a rational discussion of the topic. Very well, let me know when you graduate preschool and we might continue the conversation." bkaahui.

Blow it in one ear and out the other, bkaahui. Use your air duster.

bkaahui

Feb-28-14 1:37 AM

Feb-27-14 6:09 PM

"air duster". You could stick it in your right ear, bkaahui and blow the dust out the left ear. No obstuction in between ears.

Feb-27-14 6:03 PM

"I didn't realize that now you are reducing the limits of the discussion to accidental suicide." bkaahui

Seems to bkaahui, that most suicides are accidental.

Comments are assumptions and approximations. Seems bkaahui thinks his comments are worth at least a quarter when it is as a fact worth only two cents.

Feb-27-14 5:57 PM

Bet you drive with your turn signal stuck in right signal and you keep driving in a right circle. Right bkaahui. FLIP the switch off with left hand if signal gets stuck so you can think and drive straight.

Feb-27-14 5:54 PM

Don't need a knife since I could use my pen as a weapon.

Explain "quarters". Using pre-school logic to coin it as a weapon? You forgot to mention sticks and stones. bkaahui? According to your pre-school logic, your comments could not cut paper. Dull.

bkaahui

Feb-26-14 10:41 PM

I noticed that you forgot to mention knives OneAikea, why was that? I didn't realize that now you are reducing the limits of the discussion to accidental suicide. Very well, in that case, people have in fact been run over by their own cars. So, based on your pre-school logic, that is why cars should be banned. You should jump on board with this idea, though I suspect that you will not be logically consistent, and deep down you must realize that you don't actually have an argument. At least, not a logically consistent one.

Feb-26-14 5:09 PM

Compelled to use my pen as a weapon. Touche'

Feb-26-14 4:51 PM

Oh, the gun nuts want to use logic now? OK.

(Quoted from an old post, apparently forgotten by some)

Feb-26-14 1:08 AM

Beware when entering water for dangerous diving spears. According to bkaahui, man gets run over by his own car. The list could continue on forever could kill one by bordeom, reading it.

I use the Vulcan death grip with gloves on to not leave any finger prints.

bkaahui

Feb-25-14 9:25 PM

If that is the standard of logic we are applying then let's try to apply it consistently, shall we?

Knives, quarters, ropes, cars, fireworks, tools, pools, diving spears, air dusters, pets, boats, the list could continue on forever.

People accidentally kill themselves all the time. Your argument is not compelling.