* Personal: Age 17, daughter of Casey Kubota of Pukalani and Jana Dean-Saribay of Kula; enjoys playing softball, spending time with friends, attending sporting events, journaling and traveling.
* At School: Student Body President, Maui District Student Council Organization representative, National Honor Society, varsity softball captain, varsity wrestling, Headmaster's List.
* Off Campus: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints member, Hawaiian Style softball, Island Athletes softball, Upcountry Keiki Warriors wrestling coach, Rotary Youth Leadership Award representative.
* Beyond High School: Plans to attend college, then medical school, with hopes of one day opening her own practice.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero is my older sister Hoku Kubota. She has always been a great example for me to look up to and follow. Hoku is someone who has always strived to be the best person she can be. She has been like a second mother to me, teaching me how important it is to honor my family, appreciate my education, and to show humility when you win or lose. She is currently serving a mission in Singapore, and I can't wait for her to return."
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.