There's nothing wrong with embracing an ideology, belonging to a party, etc. When the ideology becomes the infallible truth, could a human metamorphose into a larva?
"Obama was part of the problem; Mitt Romney was not" (Letters, Sept. 30).
Here is how Romney Republican rivals expressed themselves during the GOP primaries:
* "Apparently Romney doesn't believe in putting his country first. How can you believe in America when you are not willing to serve America?"
* "Mitt will be the nation's wealthiest president ever elected, with investments in the Cayman Islands and a Swiss bank account."
* "Massachusetts was ranked 47th out of 50 states in job creations while you were governor."
* "Outrageously dishonest. A vulture capitalist."
* "You, Mr. Romney, are greedy. You should give back the millions of dollars you made at Bain Capital laying off people and bankrupting companies."
* "You are a job killer and have no heart."
* "He's a well-oiled weather vane that shifts with political winds."
* "He has flip-flopped on Social Security, health care, abortion rights, climate control, guns, you name it."
* "He's a man of equivocating and policy reversal. He adapts to whatever the environment is."
* "Even the richest man cannot buy back the past."
* "He's completely out of sync with America, and against America's ideals."
* "He's uniquely disqualified, and the worst Republican."
* "If he wins the presidency, it would be a hollow victory."
From the people who nominated Romney, as their leader and possibly the leader of the free world - 100 percent verifiable facts.