To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start/end times, cost and brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Maui County Business Resource Center will hold free workshops at University of Hawaii Maui College. Classes are courtesy of the Office of Economic Development. For more information or to reserve a space, call 873-8247.
** "Maui Business Brainstormers" will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Monday. To register, visit www.meetup.com/mauibusinessbrainstormers.
** "Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Pono Center: How Can it Help Your Small Business" with Susie Thieman will be from noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday. Thieman will discuss the options available at the Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Pono Center in Wailuku.
** "Basic Lawn Care Practices" will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Hope Chapel Youth Center in Kihei. This class will discuss strategies required to maintain a healthy lawn, including selecting the right types of lawn grasses, soil improvement, fertilization, watering and mowing practices. It will also cover sustainable practices that make lawn care easy, how to reduce the use of lawn care products, water, time and labor. Cost is $5.
** "Aquaponics/Aquaculture in the Home Landscape" will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Lahaina Civic Center. This class will provide students with information on how to start, operate and manage a home- based aquaponic system, the materials needed, the types of fish and fish food to use, and the types of vegetables or plants to grow. Cost is $15.
* EdVenture class. The University of Hawaii Maui College will offer "Hot Hula Fitness" with Nicole Jackson from 6 to 7:15 p.m. Tuesdays through Dec. 11 in Laulima 105. Cost is $59. For more information or to register, call 984-3231.
* Breast-feeding class. Mary Jane Bennett of La Leche League International will hold a free breast-feeding class from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday at Kaiser Permanente, 80 Mahalani St. Advance registration is required by emailing email@example.com.
* "Stargazing Cruises: Moon, Stars and the Whales" Pacific Whale Foundation's stargazing cruise introduces you to Maui's night sky. International award-winning astronomy writer and speaker Harriet Witt will narrate the cruise happening from 8 to 10 p.m. on Monday. Boat departs from Lahaina Harbor. Cost is $59.95 for adults, $39.95 for children, and includes appetizers, dessert and drinks. Save 10 percent by booking online at www.pacificwhale.org. Pacific Whale Foundation members save 20 percent. For reservations, call 249-8811, ext. 1.
* Children's exploration. Pacific Whale Foundation will present the following ocean-related programs. For more information, call 249-8811, ext. 1 or visit www.pacificwhale.org.
** The SeaWees program for children ages 3 to 5 and their caregivers from 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesday at the PWF's Discovery Center.?SeaWees includes music and movement, demonstrations and guided exploration delivered in a child-centered environment. Participants can sign up for a single morning or for the entire session. Each session consists of four classroom sessions and one "Seafari" field adventure organized around a marine science theme. Cost for the entire five-week session (including four classroom sessions and one Seafari Outing) is $50 per child (or $40 for PWF members). Single class fee is $12. The second child in the same family may attend for 50 percent off. Reservations are required by calling 249-8811. Class sizes are limited. For more information, call Merrill Kaufman at 856-8322.
** A whale photo safari departs at 9:15 a.m. and returns at 12:15 p.m. Sunday from Lahaina Harbor on Pacific Whale Foundation's new Ocean Freedom raft. Participants will get hands-on training on capturing whale images. This at-sea workshop is suitable for beginning and advanced photographers, and participants may use whatever kind of digital camera they own. Cost is $99.95 per person. Save 10 percent by booking online. Pacific Whale Foundation Members save 20 percent.
** Pacific Whale Foundation's marine educators invite the public to a moonlight tidepool exploration at a South Maui tidepool on Friday from 6 to 7:30 pm. The exploration is for ages 6 and older. Cost is $10 per adult and $5 per child. Advance reservations are required. This exploration is co-sponsored by Mana Kai Maui Resort. For reservations, call 249-8811, ext 1.
** During this on-site Coral Reef Naturalist Program, participants will visit Pacific Whale Foundation's free Coral Reef Information Station at Ulua Beach in Wailea to learn the names of the fish that you see while snorkeling. Ulua Beach is perfect for beginning snorkelers. The program is open from 8 to 11:30 a.m.