To have your class, workshop or presentation included in this free listing, email its title, instructor, location, dates, start / end times, cost and brief description to currents@mauinews. com. Due to the volume of submissions, items will be listed as close as possible to their start date; if a deadline to enroll is included, the event will be listed on the Sunday before deadline. High-res digital photos, depending on quality, are used if space permits. Submissions are subject to revision and rewriting, inclusion is not guaranteed and publication does not mean programs are endorsed by The Maui News.
* Art classes. The Hui No'eau Visual Arts Center, 2841 Baldwin Ave., is offering the following classes. For details or to register, call 572-6560 or visit huinoeau.com.
"Jewelry with Shells" with Julie Matheis will be from 9 a.m. to noon Mondays through Sept. 9. Learn traditional stone setting techniques while learning to use the jeweler's saw, torch and hammer to design jewelry. Cost is $135 ($169 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $20.
"Beginning Jewelry" with Julie Matheis will be from 6 to 9 p.m. Mondays through Sept. 23. Students will cut, drill and pierce metal, learn various soldering techniques, and bezel set a stone. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply and lab fee: $45.
"Intermediate Jewelry" with Julie Matheis will be from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays through Sept. 25. Students will learn to use the more advanced tools found in the Hui's studio, improve soldering skills, and refine designs for faster and more successful fabrication. Cost is $195 ($244 nonmember) plus supply fee: $45.
"Colouressence: In the Studio & On Location" will be from 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Aug. 25. Students will work from a still life and also venture out and paint "plein air." Cost is $120 ($150 nonmember) plus a supply list posted online.
* MAPA classes. Fall semester begins Monday. Choose from more than 100 weekly classes for ages 3 to adult in all levels of dance, drama and singing including ballet, jazz, tap, hip hop, Broadway dance, contemporary, choreography, acting, comedy improv, songwriting and Glee Club. Classes in Wailuku and Lahaina. Cost is $275 to $325 for the semester. For information, call 244-8760 or visit www.mauiacademy.org.
* Business workshops. Maui County Business Resource Center is offering the following classes. To reserve, call 873-8247.
"Business on the Grill" with Maui Business Brainstormers will be from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday. Meet other business owners/managers, share and learn with thought-provoking questions, answers and coaching. Free.
"How to Market Your Business on Facebook" will be from noon to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday. Learn how to use a Facebook Business Page to market your business by connecting your Facebook page to your website, Twitter, Linkedin, or YouTube. Free.
"QuickBooks for Small Business" with Richard Kehoe, CPA, will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Learn to set up your company's QuickBooks in a small class setting with personalized tutoring. Cost is $45.
"Build Your Business Through On-line Customer Reviews" with Bob and Josh Sommers will be from noon to 1 p.m. Free.
* Business class. Patch is offering a class titled "Basic Series 320 The Business of FCC, Part III: Promoting It" from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday. Class will cover a review of the required written policies and procedures for family child care homes. For information or to register, call 242-9232 or 249-0101 or visit at www.patchhawaii.org.
* Meditation class. Meditation class with Michael J. Dawson will be from 6 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays and noon to 1 p.m. Saturdays at Awakening in Paradise, Longs Center, 1215 S. Kihei Road. This class is open to all levels. Cost is $10. For more information, call 269-6785.
* Kaiser health classes and service.
"Raising Food Smart Kid" with Jennifer L.K. Davis will be from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Maui Lani Clinic. Learn the basics of nutrition, physical fitness and tips to help your family enjoy both mealtimes and playtimes together. Free. Advance registration is required by calling 242-1608.
Keiki Passenger Safety will be from 3 to 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Kamaaina Kids Piilani Preschool, 10 Manino Circle, Kihei. Free (available to Kaiser Permanente members and non-members by appointment only). Appointments must be booked in advance by calling 243-6187.
"La Leche League International (Breastfeeding)" with Mary Jane Bennett will be from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Wailuku Clinic, 80 Mahalani St. Advance registration is required by emailing email@example.com.
* Dolphin webinar. "Hawaii's Dolphins: Human Impacts and Conservation Action" webinar with Sarah Courbis, research associate at Portland State University, will be from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Pacific Whale Foundation, Discovery Center at Maalaea Harbor Shops. Free. For more information, call 856-8304.
* EdVenture class. "Intermediate Photography" with Ray Mains will be from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Aug. 31 at the University of Hawaii Maui College. Learn about composing, shooting techniques, filters and their usage. All participants must have an SLR camera. Introduction to Digital Photography or equivalent experience required. Cost is $144. For information or to register, call 984-3231.
* Naturalist program. Pacific Whale Foundation will offer a free Coral Reef Information Station at Ulua Beach in Wailea to learn the names of the fish that you see while snorkeling. The station is open from 8 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. For more information, visit www.pacificwhale.org.