* Marcy Martin, a real property assessment technical officer with the county's Department of Finance, was recently honored for earning the first assessment administration specialist designation in the state, according to an announcement.
Martin earned the designation through more than 200 hours of instruction and seven exams. The International Association of Assessing Officers awarded Martin with the honor. The organization is the internationally recognized professional membership organization for government assessment officials.
Martin began working on the designation in 2005.
* Marilyn M. Niwao, of Niwao and Roberts, Certified Public Accountants in Wailuku was recently elected first vice president of the National Society of Accountants.
Niwao has served previously with the national group in different positions. She also has been a past state president for the Hawaii Association of Public Accountants.
Niwao is a certified public accountant and attorney. She is also an accredited tax adviser.
She serves as vice chairwoman on the state Council on Revenues and was a former commissioner of the Hawaii Tax Review Commission.
* Raymond Nicasio has been named executive sous chef at the Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa.
He was born and raised in the Philippines and has worked in Toronto, and in Houston, where he worked in the main kitchen for the Houston Rockets professional basketball team.
His resume includes time at the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas as well as in 2012 leading the opening of Sheraton Kauai's signature restaurant "Rum Fire" and earning the Taste of Hawaii "Best Seafood Award."
* Central Pacific Bank has promoted Kevin Yoshida to vice president and region manager for Maui, Kauai and the Big Island.
In his new position, Yoshida is responsible for leading the teams on the three islands to help them meet and exceed the financial needs of their communities, including consumers and local businesses.
Yoshida, a Maui resident, has more than 20 years of banking experience and has been with CPB since 2000, previously serving as vice president and district manager for Maui. Prior to joining CPB, Yoshida served as Kaahumanu branch manager at First Hawaiian Bank.
* Several Maui residents were recently elected for various Hawaii Government Employee Association director positions for the 2013-15 term.
* Unit 9, registered professional nurses, Barbara "Susie" Uweko'olani, a registered professional nurse, Maui Memorial Medical Center, post- anesthesia care unit/surgery center.
* Unit 13, professional and scientific employees, Mary D. Wagner, business continuity plan manager, County of Maui, Department of Management, Information Technology Services Division.
* Maui-at-large, Arnold D. Abe, a Unit 13 member and civil engineer, County of Maui, Department of Environmental Management, Wastewater Reclamation Division.