* Personal: Age 15; daughter of May Estavillo of Kaunakakai; enjoys running and reading.
* At School: Leadership, Experience, Opportunity Club; Health Occupations Students of America; drama club; Pacific and Asian Affairs Council; New York City college tour 2014; honor roll; cross country varsity team 2012-13; swimming 2012-13; and tennis 2013.
* Off Campus: Youth Leaders Suicide Prevention.
Giesha Mae J. Nunez
* Beyond High School: Plans to pursue a Bachelor of Science in psychology in college and then pursue a master's in psychology, followed by a Ph.D., with the goal of being a clinical psychologist.
* Who is your personal hero and why?
"My personal hero has always been my mom. Even as a child, I understood that my mother worked hard for my brother and me, despite being a single mom. Ever since that realization, my goal was to do the best I could in school and go to a good college, so that one day I could repay my mom for all the things she's done for me. "
The students in this weekly feature are selected by officials at their respective high schools. "Student Spotlight" recognizes students of good character who are involved in school or community activities such as athletics, clubs, student government and volunteer work.