A federal summer food service program for children of low-income families is available at seven public schools in Maui County, the state Department of Education said.
The Seamless Summer Option, funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is available Mondays to Fridays, except King Kamehameha Day and July 4, to children 18 years and younger.
The program was established to provide meals to children from low-income families when school is not in session. Eligible schools have 50 percent or more of their regular enrolled students qualifying for free or reduced-price lunches and some type of summer program on campus. Meal recipients do not have to be enrolled in those summer programs.
Meal service dates and times vary depending on the location.
The locations in Maui County, dates of operation, breakfast and lunch service times and phone numbers follow:
* Kahului Elementary School, through July 2, 7:30-8:15 a.m., 10:45-11:30 a.m., 873-3055.
* Lihikai Elementary School, through July 3, 7:50-8:20 a.m., 11:20-noon, 873-3033.
* Maui High School, through July 18, 7:15-8 a.m., noon-12:45 p.m., 873-3000.
* Pukalani Elementary School, through July 1, 7:15-7:45 a.m., no lunch program, 573-8760.
* Wailuku Elementary School, through July 18, 7-8 a.m., 10:45-noon, 984-5622.
* Kaunakakai Elementary School, through Friday, 7:30-8:15 a.m., 11:30-noon, (808) 553-1730.
* Lanai High and Elementary School, through July 18, 7-8 a.m., noon-1 p.m. (808) 565-7900.
To apply, contact the school in the area. The Seamless Summer Option is an equal opportunity provider. For more information, go to www.fns.usda.gov/sfsp.