These are Maui Scene's minireviews, excerpts of wire service reviews and previews that are provided by studios and other sources.
* "TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION" PG-13, 2:46. Action, adventure, sci-fi. Kaahumanu 6 and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
Mark Wahlberg stars as Cade Yeager in “Transformers:?Age of Extinction”
Sony Pictures photo via AP
Kevin Hart stars as Cedric in “Think Like a Man?Too”
Warner Bros.?Entertainment photo via AP
“Supermensch:?The Legend of Shep Gordon,” about Maui’s own famous resident, ends tonight at Kaahumanu 6.
Sony Pictures photo via AP
Jonah Hill (left) and Channing Tatum star in “22 Jump Street”
An automobile mechanic and his daughter make a discovery that brings down the Autobots and Decepticons and a paranoid government official on them. Starring Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor.
* "DESPICABLE ME" (2010) PG, 1:35. Animation, comedy, family. Plays at 10 a.m. today at Kaahumanu 6. For further details, visit www.fandango.com.
When a criminal mastermind uses a trio of orphan girls as pawns for a grand scheme, he finds their love is profoundly changing him for the better.
* "22 JUMP STREET" R, 1:52. Action, comedy, crime. Kaahumanu 6.
After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt and Jenko when they go deep undercover at a local college. Starring Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill and Ice Cube.
* "BLENDED" PG-13, 1:57. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
After a bad blind date, a man and woman find themselves stuck together at a resort for families, where their attraction grows as their respective kids benefit from the burgeoning relationship. Stars Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore and Wendi McLendon-Covey.
* "CHEF" R, 1:55. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A chef, who loses his restaurant job, starts up a food truck in an effort to reclaim his creative promise, while piecing back together his estranged family. Starring Jon Favreau, Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson.
* "EDGE OF TOMORROW" PG-13, 1:53. Action, sci-fi. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
An officer finds himself caught in a time loop amid a war with an alien race. His skills increase as he faces the same brutal combat scenarios, and his union with a Special Forces warrior gets him closer and closer to defeating the enemy. Starring Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton.
* "GODZILLA" PG-13, 2:03. Action, adventure, sci-fi. Ends today at Kaahumanu 6.
The world's most infamous creature is pitted against malevolent monsters who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen and Bryan Cranston.
* "HEAVEN IS FOR REAL" PG, 1:40. Drama. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A small-town father must find the courage and conviction to share his son's extraordinary, life-changing experience with the world. Stars Greg Kinnear, Kelly Reilly and Thomas Haden Church.
* "HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2" PG, 1:42. Animation, action, adventure. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
When Hiccup and Toothless discover an ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace. Voiced by Jay Baruchel, Cate Blanchett and Gerard Butler.
* "JERSEY BOYS" R, 2:14. Biography, drama, musical. Kaahumanu 6.
The story of four young men from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey who came together to form the iconic 1960s rock group, The Four Seasons. Stars John Lloyd Young, Erich Bergen and Michael Lomenda. Directed by Clint Eastwood.
* "MALEFICENT" PG, 1:37. Action, adventure, family. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
Discover the untold story of one of Disney's most infamous villains: Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty." Fueled by revenge and a fierce desire to control her kingdom, Maleficent places an irrevocable curse on the king's newborn infant, Aurora. Soon, Maleficent realizes that Aurora may be the only one who can restore peace to the animal and human kingdoms. The stone-cold villainess takes drastic action that threatens to change both worlds forever. Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning and Sharlto Copley.
* "MAYBE THIS TIME" NR (Philippines), 2:32. Comedy, drama, romance. Ends tonight at Kaahumanu 6
The story of sweethearts Steph and Tonio, whose relationship ends sourly when he leaves her without saying goodbye. Heartbroken, Steph toughens up and sets sights on bigger dreams, until she and Tonio cross paths again.
* "NEIGHBORS" R, 1:36. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A couple with a newborn baby face unexpected difficulties after they are forced to live next to a fraternity house. Starring Seth Rogen, Rose Byrne ad Zac Efron.
* "SUPERMENSCH: THE LEGEND OF SHEP GORDON" R, 1:25. Documentary. Ends tonight at Kaahumanu 6.
Maui's own legendary Shep Gordon is documented as a Hollywood insider, who fell into artist management by chance after moving to L.A. out of college. Stars Sylvester Stallone, Tom Arnold and Michael Douglas. Directed by Mike Myers.
* "THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2" PG-13, 2:22. Action, adventure, fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Peter Parker enjoys Spider-Man benefits, i.e., spending time with Gwen. But his ordinary and extraordinary lives are in grave danger when he's faced with new threats, Electro and the mysterious company OsCorp. Starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx.
* "THE FAULT IN OUR STARS" PG-13, 2:05. Drama, romance. Kaahumanu 6.
Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel's other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. Stars Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolff.
* "THINK LIKE A MAN TOO" PG-13, 1:46. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
All the couples are back for a wedding in Las Vegas, but plans for a romantic weekend go awry when their various misadventures get them into some compromising situations that threaten to derail the big event. Starring Kevin Hart, Gabrielle Union and Wendi McLendon-Covey.
* "X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST" PG-13, 2:11. Adventure, fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants. Starring Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman.
* Movie listings reflect showings that are made available by theaters at press time. Films are subject to change and may be released after publication. For up-to-date movies and showtimes, visit www.fandango.com.