These are Maui Scene's minireviews, excerpts of wire service reviews and previews that are provided by studios and other sources.
* "EARTH TO ECHO" PG, 1:31. Adventure, Sci-Fi. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Melissa McCarthy stars in the comedy film, “Tammy”
Warner Bros. Pictures photo via AP
Edgar Ramirez (left) and Eric Bana star in “Deliver Us From Evil.”
Sony Pictures photo via AP
Drago, voiced by Djimon Hounsou (left), and Astrid, voiced by America Ferrera, star in “How to Train Your Dragon 2.”
DreamWorks Animation photo via AP
After receiving a bizarre series of encrypted messages, a group of kids embark on an adventure with an alien who needs their help. Starring Teo Halm, Astro and Reese Hartwig.
* "DELIVER US FROM EVIL" R, 1:58. Crime, horror, thriller. Kaahumanu 6.
New York police officer Ralph Sarchie investigates a series of crimes. He joins forces with an unconventional priest, schooled in the rituals of exorcism, to combat the possessions that are terrorizing their city. Stars Eric Bana, Edgar Ramirez and Olivia Munn.
* "TAMMY" R, 1:36. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
After losing her job and learning that her husband has been unfaithful, a woman hits the road with her profane, hard-drinking grandmother. Starring Melissa McCarthy, Susan Sarandon and Dan Aykroyd.
* "MY ILLEGAL WIFE" NR, 2:40. Comedy, romance. (Philippines) Kaahumanu 6.
Clarise desires to have a husband. An accident leads her to wake up, and find herself on an island with Henry, who has amnesia. Clarise takes advantage of the situation and introduces herself as his wife. Starring Pokwang, Zanjoe Marudo and Ellen Adarna.
* "THE NUT JOB" (2014) PG, 1:35. Animation, adventure, comedy. Plays at 10 a.m. today at Kaahumanu 6. For further details, visit www.fandango.com.
An incorrigibly self-serving exiled squirrel finds himself helping his former park brethren raid a nut store to survive, that is also the front for a human gang's bank robbery.
* MET OPERA SUMMER ENCORE: "VERDI OTELLO" Concert. 2 hours 50 min. Screening is at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Maui Mall Megaplex.
For lovers of opera music, the Metropolitan Opera Summer Encores will be on screen at cinemas nationwide. For tickets, visit the box office or at www.fandango.com.
* "22 JUMP STREET" R, 1:52. Action, comedy, crime. Kaahumanu 6.
After making their way through high school (twice), big changes are in store for officers Schmidt and Jenko when they go deep undercover at a local college. Starring Channing Tatum, Jonah Hill and Ice Cube.
* "BLENDED" PG-13, 1:57. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
After a bad blind date, a man and woman find themselves stuck together at a resort for families, where their attraction grows as their respective kids benefit from the burgeoning relationship. Stars Adam Sandler, Drew Barrymore and Wendi McLendon-Covey.
* "CHEF" R, 1:55. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
A chef, who loses his restaurant job, starts up a food truck in an effort to reclaim his creative promise, while piecing back together his estranged family. Starring Jon Favreau, Robert Downey Jr. and Scarlett Johansson.
* "EDGE OF TOMORROW" PG-13, 1:53. Action, sci-fi. Maui Mall Megaplex.
An officer finds himself caught in a time loop amid a war with an alien race. His skills increase as he faces the same brutal combat scenarios, and his union with a Special Forces warrior gets him closer and closer to defeating the enemy. Starring Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton.
* "GODZILLA" PG-13, 2:03. Action, adventure, sci-fi. Maui Mall Megaplex.
The world's most infamous creature is pitted against malevolent monsters who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence. Starring Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen and Bryan Cranston.
* "HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2" PG, 1:42. Animation, action, adventure. Maui Mall Megaplex and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
When Hiccup and Toothless discover an ice cave that is home to hundreds of new wild dragons and the mysterious Dragon Rider, the two friends find themselves at the center of a battle to protect the peace. Voiced by Jay Baruchel, Cate Blanchett and Gerard Butler.
* "JERSEY BOYS" R, 2:14. Biography, drama, musical. Kaahumanu 6.
The story of four young men from the wrong side of the tracks in New Jersey who came together to form the iconic 1960s rock group, The Four Seasons. Stars John Lloyd Young, Erich Bergen and Michael Lomenda. Directed by Clint Eastwood.
* "MALEFICENT" PG, 1:37. Action, adventure, family. Maui Mall Megaplex.
Discover the untold story of one of Disney's most infamous villains: Maleficent from "Sleeping Beauty." Fueled by revenge and a fierce desire to control her kingdom, Maleficent places an irrevocable curse on the king's newborn infant, Aurora. Soon, Maleficent realizes that Aurora may be the only one who can restore peace to the animal and human kingdoms. The stone-cold villainess takes drastic action that threatens to change both worlds forever. Starring Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning and Sharlto Copley.
* "THE FAULT IN OUR STARS" PG-13, 2:05. Drama, romance. Ends tonight at Kaahumanu 6.
Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel's other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group. Stars Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolff.
* "THINK LIKE A MAN TOO" PG-13, 1:46. Comedy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
All the couples are back for a wedding in Las Vegas, but plans for a romantic weekend go awry when their various misadventures get them into some compromising situations that threaten to derail the big event. Starring Kevin Hart, Gabrielle Union and Wendi McLendon-Covey.
* "TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION" PG-13, 2:46. Action, adventure, sci-fi. Kaahumanu 6 and Lahaina Wharf Cinema.
An automobile mechanic and his daughter make a discovery that brings down the Autobots and Decepticons and a paranoid government official on them. Starring Mark Wahlberg, Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor.
* "X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST" PG-13, 2:11. Adventure, fantasy. Maui Mall Megaplex.
The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants. Starring Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen and Hugh Jackman.
* Movie listings reflect showings that are made available by theaters at press time. Films are subject to change and may be released after publication. For up-to-date movies and showtimes, visit www.fandango.com.