MIL surfing gets started on Saturday
The Maui News
The Maui Interscholastic League surfing season starts on Saturday with meet No. 1 at Kahului Harbor.
The five-meet season continues with meets every two weeks through the final contest on April 25 at Hookipa.Each meet is scheduled to begin at 7 a.m.
Maui Preparatory Academy junior Tony Nunez and Lahainaluna senior Madison Runyon are the reigning MIL Surfers of the Year.
Here is the MIL surfing schedule:
• Saturday, Meet No. 1 at Kahului Harbor, hosted by Haleakala Waldorf and Kamehameha Maui.
• March 14, Meet No. 2 at D.T. Flemings Beach Park, hosted by Lahainaluna and Maui Prep.
• March 28, Meet No. 3 at Koki Beach Park, hosted by Hana and Haleakala Waldorf.
• April 11, Meet No. 4 at Lahaina Harbor, hosted by Lahainaluna and Seabury Hall.
• April 25, Meet No. 5 at Hookipa, hosted by King Kekaulike and Maui High.