Updated 9:45 a.m.: Maui County Closures Due To Olivia
• All Maui County public schools are closed today.
• After-school programs, like A-Plus child care and Maui Interscholastic League sports activities, are canceled today.
• UH-Maui College and Maui County education centers in Hana and Lahaina and on Molokai and Lanai closed at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday until further notice. Tuesday night classes were canceled.
• All three Maui County public charter schools, Kihei, Kualapuu on Molokai and Hawaii Technology Academy in Wailuku, are closed today.
• Seabury Hall is closed today.
• Kamehameha Schools Pukalani campus, preschools on Maui and Molokai, Kumahi Community Education on Maui and Molokai are closed today.
• St. Joseph Early Learning Center is closed today.
• Maui Bus services, including Maui Economic Opportunity paratransit operations, are suspended today. MEO Human Services will provide essential transportation services under the direction of the county Department of Transportation and civil defense.
• Maui County courts are closed today. Hawaii Supreme Court Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald issued an order extending any 2nd Circuit matter with a filing or hearing due date of today to Thursday. Hearings or trials canceled due to the closure will be rescheduled to the next available date. Court employees should not report to work today, unless contacted by their supervisor.
• All nondisaster-related county offices are closed today.
• State offices on Maui, Lanai and Molokai are closed today. Employees were put on administrative leave, except for those who are department disaster/emergency coordinators, disaster response workers and crucial to operations and services, like hospital workers and corrections officers.
• Post offices on Molokai and Lanai will be closed today.
• No residential trash pickup today.
• All county landfills are closed today.
• All county recycling drop box centers will be closed today. This includes centers in Kihei, Makawao, Haiku, Hana, Olowalu Transfer Station, and UH-Maui campus on Maui; Recycle Molokai at Molokai Landfill and the Mobile HI-5 redemption center on Molokai; and the HI-5 redemption center on Lanai. Recycling centers are scheduled to reopen Thursday.
• County Board of Ethics meeting today is canceled.
• Lanai Planning Commission meeting today is canceled. The next regular meeting is scheduled for 5 p.m. Oct. 17 in the Lanai Senior Center.
• Molokai Planning Commission meeting today is canceled. The next regular meeting is scheduled for Sept. 26.
• Queen Ka’ahumanu Center in Kahului closed Tuesday afternoon and today and expects to reopen Thursday with normal operating hours, pending a post-storm assessment. For more information, go to queenkaahumanucenter.com.
• Central Pacific Bank branches on Maui are closed today and will reopen when it is safe to do so. Online Banking, mobile banking and ATMs will remain operational.
• Seven First Hawaiian Bank branches on Maui and one on Lanai are closed today and will reopen when safe to do so. FHB Online and FHB Mobile app are operational. For more information, contact FHB Customer Service Center at (888) 844-4444.
• Hawaii State Federal Credit Union Kahului Branch is closed today.
• American Savings Bank Maui and Molokai branches are closed today. They will reopen when conditions are safe.
• All 12 Bank of Hawaii branches on Maui, Molokai and Lani are closed today.
Parks and Nature
• Haleakala National Park Summit and Kipahulu Districts are closed today. No sunrise viewing today and Thursday; the gate will be locked. Assessment about reopening will done Thursday morning.
• Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center and Kealia Coastal Boardwalk are closed today. If circumstances allow, the refuge plans to reopen Thursday. For more information, go to www.fws.gov/refuge/ kealia_pond/.
• Hana Bay and the Keanae county park restrooms closed early Tuesday afternoon. All county parks and other facilities are closed today.
• State Department of Land and Natural Resources Forestry and Wildlife Division and State Parks Division forest reserves, natural area reserves, game management areas, wildlife sanctuaries, public hunting areas, Na Ala Hele trails and parks on Maui and Molokai are closed today. Camping and lodging in Maui parks is suspended until the storm passes.
• Kaiser Permanente facilities in Maui County are closed today.
• Hawaii Medical Services Association Maui office is closed today. For more information, go to hmsa.com. HMSA will allow early refills of maintenance medications. Maintenance drugs are medications for chronic, long-term conditions and are taken on a regular basis. Members should get approvals by calling (855) 479-3659 for Medicare Part D, (855) 479-3656 for HMSA QUEST Integration and (855) 298-2491 for HMSA commercial plans.
• Diagnostic Laboratory Services and all Maui satellite locations are closed today.
• Maui Medical Group facilities are closed today. The health care group plans to reopen Thursday, weather permitting.
• Maui Economic Opportunity operations countywide are closed today.
• Child & Family Service Maui and Molokai offices are closed today.
• Maui Ki-Aikido’s introductory course for adults and teens set to start Tuesday at the Mayor Hannibal Tavares Community Center in Pukalani has been rescheduled to 8 to 9:30 p.m. next Tuesday and Tuesday nights through Oct. 9. The course is co-sponsored by Maui Ki-Aikido and the county parks department. For more information, call 268-3818.
• Maui Catholic Charities Hawaii Maui Office in Wailuku is closed today.
• Maui Master Gardener Program informational meeting today has been postponed. It is rescheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. Sept. 19 at the Community Services Building No. 205 at UH-Maui College.