Property taxes due Thursday
The Maui News
Real property tax bills for the second installment of tax year 2019-20 are due Thursday, according to a notice from the county.
Property owners who pay their real property taxes directly and have not received their real property tax bills should check on their taxes immediately by:
• Calling 270-7697 on Maui; (800) 272-0117, ext. 7697 on Molokai; and (800) 272-0125, ext. 7697 on Lanai.
• Visiting mauipropertytax.com.
• Going in person to the Department of Finance, Real Property Tax Collections, 70 E. Kaahumanu Ave., A-18 in Kahului, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Payment options include:
• Online: Credit or debit cards or check payments at mauicounty.gov/rptpayments, with convenience fee.
• By phone: (844) 471-7326, with convenience fee.
• Autopay: Apply online at mauicounty.gov/576, no convenience fee.
• By mail: County of Maui, Real Property Tax Collections, P.O. Box 29760, Honolulu, HI 96820-2160.
• Bank wire: Call 270-7697.
• In person: Department of Finance, Real Property Tax Collections, 70 E. Kaahumanu Ave., A-18 in Kahului, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday to Friday.
• Credit union: Contact your local credit union directly for information.
Failure to pay real property taxes by the due date because of a nonreceipt of a tax bill will not excuse property owners from being assessed a 10 percent penalty plus interest at the rate of 1 percent per month. Unless hand delivered on time, the U.S. Postal Service cancellation mark is the date of receipt by the county.
Minimum tax for the tax year is $400.