Used bookstores have reopened
The Maui Friends of the Library has reopened its three used bookstores and is accepting donations.
The store hours are:
• Puunene, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday to Saturday.
• Queen Ka’ahumanu Center, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday to Saturday; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• Outlets of Lahaina, noon to 6 p.m. daily.
Face masks are required for all people in the store, and shoppers are asked to practice social distancing as they peruse the selections and check out.
Maui Friends of the Library is accepting donations at all stores but asks that donors keep these guidelines in mind:
• Donations will be under “quarantine” in a separate location for a period of time, and storage space is limited.
• Bring in only resellable books, CDs and DVDs that are in good condition, no damaged, moldy or stained books and no encyclopedias or school district textbooks.
• Bring donations only during business hours.
The proceeds from the sales are used to support all the public libraries in Maui County. The used bookstores offer a full range of titles in fiction, nonfiction, children’s books and educational materials, as well as music and movies.