Council offices open for live public testimony
The Maui News
Six Maui County Council offices are open to obtain information about pending legislation or upcoming meetings or to provide live testimony at a council or committee meeting, Council Member Kelly Takaya King announced Thursday.
Residents can access the council’s offices Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays, during the following hours, subject to change based on staffing availability:
• East Maui residency area: Hana Cultural Center and Museum, 4974 Uakea Rd., Hana; (808) 248-7513; 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Lanai residency area: Lanai Community Center, 8th St., Lanai City; (808) 565-7094; 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed from noon to 12:30 p.m. for lunch).
• Makawao-Haiku-Paia residency area: Heritage Hall, 401 Baldwin Ave., Suite 102, Paia; (808) 793-0099; 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Molokai residency area: 100 Ainoa St., Kaunakakai; (808) 553-3888; 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• South Maui residency area: Maui Economic Development Board Building, 1305 N. Holopono St., Suite 9, Kihei; (808) 793-0012; 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• West Maui residency area: Old Lahaina Center, 845 Wainee St., Suite 205, Lahaina; (808) 856-0123; 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Residents can also testify in person in the Council Chamber at the County Building at 200 S. High St. in Wailuku. The building also houses the Office of Council Services and the Office of the County Clerk.
Council offices are following the guidance of the state Department of Health for COVID-19 safe practices. To view the latest guidance, visit hawaiicovid19.com/guidance-documents/.
Members of the public can also view council and committee meetings on Akaku channel 53 and provide testimony via the videoconference link or phone number listed on each meeting agenda at mauicounty.us/agendas.
For more information, visit mauicounty.us or contact the Office of Council Services at (808) 270-7838.