• Maui Preparatory Academy / Grade 11
• GPA: 3.01
• SPORTS: Surfing
• FAMILY: Shawna Fink and Patrick Silva of Lahaina
• ACTIVITIES: Volunteer at 505 Canoe Club
• FUTURE PLANS: Undecided
• SPORTS LESSONS: “Being an athlete has taught me how to act when I lose and to be a good sport. It has also taught me how to work well with others because usually surfing is such an individual sport, but since we’re a team we have to count on each other. … The one thing I like most about being an athlete is being outside and doing something fun with your friends.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.