A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Molokai High School / Grade 12
• GPA: 2.86
• SPORTS: Swimming, tennis, cross country
• FAMILY: Darlynne Mollena of Hoolehua
• ACTIVITIES: Future Farmers of America, surfing, paddling, Molokai Young Life
• FUTURE PLANS: Attending Grand Canyon University
• SPORTS LESSONS: “The thing I enjoy most about being an athlete is being a part of a team and having that feeling of like a second family that enjoy the same things that I do. I also really enjoy the proud feeling of representing my school.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.