A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Hana High School / Grade 12
• GPA: 3.5
• SPORTS: Basketball, volleyball, softball
• FAMILY: Sheri and Stanley Kalalau of Hana
• ACTIVITIES: Hawaiian Club, Ku’i Club
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying nursing at Olympic College or Edmonds Community College
• SPORTS LESSONS: “What being an athlete has taught me is being able to set goals and being able to achieve them. Also learning how to work with others, and being a team player. Lastly, being able to stay strong and push others and myself to be our best.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.