A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Baldwin High School / Grade 11
• GPA: 3.7
• SPORTS: Surfing
• FAMILY: Evan and Larisa Kaaihue of Wailuku
• ACTIVITIES: MAG, Book Club
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying music and psychology in college
• SPORTS LESSONS: “What I enjoy most about being an athlete is being able to socialize with my team, getting good exercise, surfing and getting to learn more and more about the sport as well as myself. … Being an athlete has taught me how to be part of a team, improve my surfing and set goals for myself that help me grow as both an athlete and an individual.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.