A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Kihei Charter School / Grade 12
• GPA: 3.5
• SPORTS: Track and field, paddling
• FAMILY: Greg and Sherilyn Dingman of Kihei
• ACTIVITIES: Hawaiian Club, beach cleanups
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying anatomy and physiology at University of Hawaii-Maui College
• SPORTS LESSONS: “Being an athlete has taught me respect both for my coaches as well as my teammates and myself. I have learned self-discipline and self-direction. I have also learned good sportsmanship and respect for my competitors.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.