A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Lahainaluna High School / Grade 12
• GPA: 3.9 (AP biology)
• SPORTS: Wrestling
• FAMILY: Leilani Clarion and Samuel Saribay of Lahaina
• ACTIVITIES: HOSA, Lahaina Roughnecks coach, student athletic trainer
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying nursing at Washington State University
• SPORTS LESSONS: “Being an athlete taught me that hard work and dedication can bring out success, not in just winning but having the power to feel accomplished, and that feeling of accomplishment is one of the best feelings ever.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.