A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Maui High School / Grade 12
• GPA: 4.0 (AP literature, calculus)
• SPORTS: Soccer, surfing
• FAMILY: Mandi and Truman Taoka of Kihei
• ACTIVITIES: National Honor Society, AVID
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying business and finance at California State University San Marcos
• SPORTS LESSONS: “What I enjoy most about being an athlete is the drive and competition to do my best. I enjoy the feeling of being active. … Being an athlete has taught me discipline and how to cooperate with others to work towards a common goal.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.