A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Maui Preparatory / Academy / Grade 11
• GPA: 4.6
• SPORTS: Volleyball, paddling, surfing
• FAMILY: Jurg and Linda Munch of Lahaina
• ACTIVITIES: Rotary Interact, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, hula
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying business management at a college in California
• SPORTS LESSONS: “Being an athlete has taught me that hard work now makes it easier later. There isn’t any way around hard work otherwise you cheat yourself. Having a strong work ethic will help you succeed where others would fail.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.