A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Kihei Charter School / Grade 12
• GPA: 4.0
• SPORTS: Canoe paddling
• FAMILY: Eric and Patricia Arbogast of Wailuku
• ACTIVITIES: Hawaiian Club, hula, photography, Maui Humane Society volunteer
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying hospitality and tourism at the University of Hawaii Maui College
• SPORTS LESSONS: “What I enjoy most about being an athlete is getting to make lifelong friends with people and build a family. I enjoy being at the beach and pushing myself. … Being an athlete has taught me that the only limit you have is the one you set for yourself.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.