A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• Seabury Hall / Grade 12
• GPA: 3.5 (Honors math)
• SPORTS: Swimming, water polo
• FAMILY: Debbie Eiting of Kihei
• ACTIVITIES: Island Aquatics, canoe paddling
• FUTURE PLANS: Attending Linfield College
• SPORTS LESSONS: “Being an athlete has taught me how important respecting people’s dedication is. When someone develops a passion for a sport, they sacrifice a lot of time to do their absolute best in a competition, and whether you are on the receiving end of that win or not, you can reassure yourself that no matter who won, you worked your hardest to get where you ended up.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by school administrators and athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the advertising department of The Maui News. Alexander & Baldwin makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund. Each school year, 84 students are recognized.