A Close-up look at Maui County's High School Athletes presented by Alexander & Baldwin, Inc.
• King Kekaulike High School / Grade 12
• GPA: 3.524 (AP psychology, computer science)
• SPORTS: Surfing, swimming and diving
• FAMILY: Geoff and Karen Green of Haiku
• ACTIVITIES: Surfing
• FUTURE PLANS: Studying civil engineering at the University of Hawaii at Manoa or a Mainland college
• SPORTS LESSONS: “Being an athlete has taught me that the only way to get better is with hard work and dedication. … What I enjoy most about being an athlete is staying fit. It is also a great stress reliever. Most of all it helps me clear my mind.”
* Sports Spotlight students are selected by athletic officials from Maui County high schools and these profiles are compiled by the sports department of The Maui News. The Alexander & Baldwin Foundation makes a $200 donation in honor of each student athlete to their high school’s athletic fund.