COVID-19 at a glance
• DOH reports 14 new cases in Hawaii, including one on Maui; first fatality reported Monday night was incorrectly attributed to COVID-19.
• 90 confirmed or presumptive positive cases in Hawaii: 64 on Oahu, 12 on Maui, five on Hawaii island, four on Kauai and five with locations pending.
• State and county’s “stay at home” order goes into effect today through April 30. Exemptions include essential workers and essential business and government functions. Water, refuse, public transportation, emergency services to continue.
• DOE extends school closure till April 30, will have plans by the end of the week to ensure eligible high school seniors can earn diplomas.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention travel recommendations:
• Avoid all nonessential travel to China, Iran, most European countries along with the United Kingdom and Ireland. Entry of foreign nationals from these locations has been suspended.
• Avoid all nonessential travel to Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Ecuador India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey.
• Older adults and people of any age with serious chronic medical conditions should consider postponing nonessential travel.
• All travelers should monitor their health and practice social distancing for 14 days after returning home.
• Defer cruise travel worldwide.
• Getting a flu shot.
• Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating and after nose-blowing, coughing or sneezing.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
• Avoiding touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick; stay home if sick.
For more information:
• Call 211 or text (877) 275-6569 for general questions about coronavirus.
• Hawaii Health Department: hawaiicovid19.com.
• CDC: Coronavirus.gov.